Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Type 1 Roller Coaster

I've always been a rule follower. The kind of person who wants to have set list of directions. In my opinion once you start something it should go through to the end with very little deviation....  I've learned this is sooo not how life works. 

Diabetes does not work like this either.  I assume that if I follow the "rules" it should work out the way I want it to. Like a mathematical equation. I've spent hours going over carb ratio, carb factors, insulin sensitivity factors, etc. HOURS and HOURS.  I've stressed and actually created algebraeic equations. 

What a waste of time!

I sit here now and just laugh.  This is how far I've come. I've learned to relax a little and go with the flow.  I can correct a high and raise a low.  I will take them as they come.  I cannot anticipate what my sweeties next blood sugar will be.  It is a complete roll of the dice. 

Sometimes I watch the countdown on her BG meter as if I were watching the spinning wheels of a slot machine.  Fingers crossed....good number, good number, good number.  Anxiety high, then....surprise!  It's alright. Moving on to the next activity.

My biggest life lesson.  Learning to relax. Take it in. Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment