Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cookies Make Me Happy

“When the going gets tough, the tough make cookies.”
Erma Bombeck

Yesterday.
It was NOT a good day.  Yesterday served up a huge dose of high BG and combative child.  This is not something you want first thing in the morning.  We're talking BEFORE coffee.  I was not even armed to handle the day and I was dealing with an raging kiddo.  It wasn't her fault though and I've come to terms with these "moments" in our life.  I know that she is not in her right mind, but it still hurts my heart all the same.  We call them Mr. Hyde or Tiger Lily moments.  They pass when the Blood Sugar goes down.

If it weren't for this blog I would never speak of these moments.  But I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes through this.  It's just part of the struggle, part of the life.  One of our personal and sometimes daily struggles.

So.  After having my day start with lemons... I decided to make Lemon Cookies!!   A little ray of sunshine in an already gloomy day. They were delicious. See, don't they look delicious?



Here's the recipe

My Little Ray of Sunshine- GF Lemon Cookies

1 2/3 Cups Gluten Free Flour Blend ( I used Better Batter Blend )
1 tsp. Xantan Gum (if your blend doesn't already include it.  Better Batter does)
3/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
3/4 Cup Butter or Butter Flavored Crisco
3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Lemon axtract
2 large eggs
2 cups white chocolate chips

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment